Own Art Scheme

Mid-Cornwall Galleries is a member of the Arts Council ‘Own Art’ scheme that makes buying art easy and affordable by letting you spread the cost of your purchase over 10 months with an interest free loan.

The basics

We just ask for a 20% deposit. The remaining 80% can then be paid using the Own Art scheme. If you'd like to bring your monthly payments down, you are more than welcome to pay a larger deposit.

You can borrow from as little as £100 up to a maximum of £2,500 for the purchase of works of art by living artists. If you are buying something more valuable than £2,500 you can use an Own Art loan as a part payment.

Own Art is available to all UK residents over the age of 18, subject to status.


If you wanted to buy a £500 painting, you could pay a £100 deposit and pay the remaining £400 in ten monthly instalments, which would work out to £40 per month.

How to apply

Once you've found the piece of work that you want to buy - either in the gallery or on our website - let us know you'd like to apply for an Own Art loan to finance your purchase.

We'll take you through the loan application process which normally takes about 10 minutes. After providing the information required, you'll get an instant decision.

Don't forget that if you're applying for the loan in person, you'll need proof of ID (e.g. a driver's licence) along with a credit or debit card as proof of signature.

If your application is approved, you can take the artwork home with you straight away. Novuna Personal Finance (the credit provider) will send you a welcome letter and the 10 monthly payments will be collected by direct debit from your account starting a few weeks after you've made your purchase.

Simple as that!

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions, or visit the Own Art website (ownart.org.uk) for further information.

Representative 0% APR

Terms and conditions apply.